Thursday 9 November 2017

Wide awake in Wakefield


For me a week one week in Wakefield comprised one large bedroom bereft of books or flowers. Instead a large television increased the forlorn feeling my home of the week.

During the day one large meeting room without natural daylight however it was called ‘Essex’ which appended to the door lifted my spirits each morning.

All this took place at the Four Points Sheraton, Sunday through Friday just before October fell into November. The place was blessed with jolly team on the front desk and everywhere else in the hotel.

And a short distance from the hotel was my favourite freeway the I95 featured in these pages in July, Peabody MA. Living in room 408 link.

It is strange to spend so much time in such a small geographic area, fumbling for fresh air and exercise and becoming familiar with so many patterns of carpet, coffee urns, corridors and stairwells.


Only since I have left have I discovered that one of the oldest and largest manufacturers of flying model airplane toys in the world, Paul K. Guillow, Inc. is has its home in Wakefield. http://www.guillow.com

A large television increased the forlorn feeling my home of the week

The Four Points Sheraton, Sunday through Friday


In the lounge at Boston Airport 

It is strange to spend so much time in such a small geographic area

Waiting for burger 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim