Sunday 6 August 2017

Peabody MA. Living in room 408

Peabody MA. Room 406

Peabody is in Essex County, Massachusetts, not far from Boston. I was lucky enough to be there for a week. Anything with ‘Essex’ as part of it appellation always gets my attention.

Anyway, more accurately, I was staying in the Holiday Inn Hotel and Apartments Peabody

It was my home, arriving late one Sunday evening, and staying  through to Friday evening; July 9 through 14

Each day, from room 408, I looked out across the rooftop of the hotel’s ground floor ballroom below me, with the air conditioning units set out on this enormous roof like chessmen on an asphalt board.

And looking further, not much further, I enjoyed the uninterrupted pulse of traffic on the I-95. The Interstate 95 (I-95) is the main highway on the US East Coast and one of the oldest. It’s 1919 miles stretches Miami, Florida, to way up north on Houlton–Woodstock Border Crossing with New Brunswick, Canada!

No having a car, and the hotel having no bar. I bussed in a reasonable Chardonnay using Uber and a short stretch of the I-95 and stored this in the copious fridge in room 406. Thus at the end of a long day there was always a glass ready to enjoy, as I looked out across I-95 and it continuous current of metal.

One can really get to like a place in a week. Certainly our meeting room and all the staff who set this up for me each day were wonderful, as were the front desk team.


As I headed out to with colleagues to Logan airport we, and as we joined the I-95 to go south this red pick up was in front of us. Festooned with bumper stickers that on reading let me in doubt as to how the driver might have voted in in the last Presidential Election. My favourite sticker though, no doubt, Fox News… An alternate reality for the delusional




....this red pick up was in front of us. Festooned with bumper stickers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim