Sunday 18 June 2017

Elbe oh! A treat in Tangamunde


With a relatively short peddle to Havelberg and it being a lovely morning we each wandered round Tangemunde . At any moment in my wandering I was expecting to see members of the Von Trapp family walking down the street.

At 11 am St Stephen’s church threw open its doors to visitors, in we went. This church is constructed in the Brick Gothic style typical of North Germany. A large bright place and astride the west door a marvellous organ. This Baroque fancy was built in 1624 by Hans Scherer and his brother Fritz.

The Scherer Brother’s organ is reputed to be one of the ten finest in Europe. And joy of joys someone was playing it.


I pelted back to the car for my drawing book. I drew the Baroque pulpit that soared almost as high and lovely as the music.

See all the drawings here http://bit.ly/elbe2017





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim