Thursday 4 February 2016

On a High in Atlanta


Follow me to the High Museum in Atlanta 
Rather I was in The High Museum of Art.  This is home to an exciting collection of classic and contemporary art and was just round the corner from where I was staying.

Trying to find the entrance the person I asked said “Follow me” Minutes later we were both in the ticket line, he was in front turned to me and gave me his second ticket (museum members get two tickets each time they visit!).  This was a great start.






I had been here before some ten years ago. Then as now it was the remarkable architecture by Richard Meier that astonished me. A series of spaces and shapes in geometry set together in a thrilling way!

One has to set the Collections to one side and just stand or sit to relish the space.


Five minutes from the High - great piazza
https://www.high.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim