Wednesday 28 October 2015

Stockholm syndrome

'Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors.'*

I was in Stockholm of my own free will.
In fact I arrived the day before an exciting assignment.
Enabling me to soak up a little more of a city.

I disembarked the plane and enjoyed a short train ride into the centre.




It was a warm sunny afternoon. After two quayside drawings, catching terracotta, pink and ochre buildings with silver slate rooftops. I visited the Fotografiska on Stadsgärdsleden. This is the museum of photography.


Fotografiska is showing Martin Schoeller Up Close  - work from one of the world’s most treasured portrait photographers (apprentice to Annie Liebovitz). Included were his portraits of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Barack Obama, Katie Perry, Hilary Clinton, Jay Z.  My favourite was Schoeller’s picture of Michael Douglas, Bowie-esque and very witty.



*Copyright and grateful acknowledgement to Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim