Friday 2 December 2011

THREE THINGS I HAVE IN COMMON WITH AN EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR




  1. I worked with one once, when he was at McCann-Erickson
  2. A passionate interest in typography
  3. An obsession with keeping a drawing book

After a decade of having not worked with him and slightly less from having met up with him I was delighted to catch up with David Harris, now Executive Creative Director at Wunderman.

David has 70 drawing books, Daler-Rowney A5, the first dates back to when he was at college. Illustrated here, excerpts from his current book.

We talked of many things, great agencies we had known and he had worked in, offspring of whom we were extremely proud, creative leadership in the digital age, how to get a creative department in on time on a Monday morning, how that just some times, you have to do the ***kin’ ad yourself and other topics around we might stay connected.

During my tawdry career in ad land I hung-out in the creative department when ever I could and sometimes felt uncomfortable, yet, looking back, it was and is the place to be.

THANK YOU DAVID


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments - Tim